Not for the Timid

Teaching and Learning, Together

Not Quite Thing 4

June13

As I was searching the web, and reading blogs, I came across this post. I found it so exciting as I try to get my head around the idea of REAL PBL. It is scary to give up “control” of the classroom and to allow students to all explore independent topics. Just a little nugget for thought…

I Resign from Teaching

by posted under Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Not Quite Thing 4”

1. June 16th, 2012 at 6:10 pm       donaldsweeney Says:

Angela, I fully agree with your obsevation- I think I would really resign from teaching and get a job selling insurance if I lost control of a class. The few times I did see a teacher losing control it was scary where the teacher took refuge in the staffroom and usually broke down into an emotional fit of crying. I love my grandchildren but when I play soccer with them if they take total control and eventually begin to dictate every move – then the learning process has been lost and any further soccer is only a waste of energy and I think the same goes for the classroom.

2. June 26th, 2012 at 4:03 pm       wesclarke Says:

Thanks for sharing this blog post, Angela. The author’s letter is a powerful expression of the ways that education is evolving and the process that is getting each of us individual teachers there.

Skip to toolbar