Not for the Timid

Teaching and Learning, Together

Teachers Write

July6

Safe and boring are words that I try to banish from my vocabulary. Teaching is not safe or boring, or at least it shouldn’t be. I have discovered that if I ever start to feel safe, I am leaning toward boring! So I try to always push myself… at least a little.

The second teachers forget how it feels to be a student; always pushed to uncomfortable, always trying to grasp something a little beyond our reach, becomes the second we stop being relatable. Or stop relating. There is a bit of a thrill trying to figure out if I am enough. Good enough.

While I might have a few too many irons in the fire next week, and the next couple of weeks, I know I will learn so much if I write, and really just write for myself. So I am joining several challenges. The first is Teachers Write. The second is a training challenge for my abs. Top it all off with a new boss, morning walks, motivating my own children to do summer school work… you get the picture.

The writing challenge has many components, the first being a reflective question. I LOVE reflective questions. Today’s is “Why are you writing?” Why? Well, I think I answered that question. Why am I doing it here, publicly? Not sure. Accountability? Hoping maybe, somewhere I might get some feedback? Or for me? Only time will tell.

by posted under Uncategorized | Comments Off on Teachers Write    

Skip to toolbar